At Al Ittihad Kindergarten, we encourage children to observe, think and wonder. For years, we have watched little miracles grow. It has always been our endeavour to create for every child, rich and challenging experiences to promote learning and growing.
Our KG mission statement:
At Al Ittihad Foreign Proramme Kindergarten, we believe that the KG is the foundation of the child’s developmental stages.
Therefore; we work on providing a comprehensive programme that covers all aspects of educational, social, emotional and physical growth as well as a positive self- image and a love of learning.
Our mission is to provide high quality education and childcare in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment that builds a foundation for life-long learning.
Cooperation between parents ,teachers and students will support our goal and all theKG children will flourish in joy and happiness.
Multipurpose Room: The large Multipurpose Room provides a safe environment where children can freely perform different types of activities such as Drama, Physical Education (Gym), practice for end of the year Celebration etc.
Clinic: The school nurse provides effective medical and mental services to children in case of an emergency or during daily rounds. She also provides children with various health information topics such as (Dental and Personal Hygiene, Good Nutrition, etc.)
Sand Area: The school has sand area that provides a safe and secure environment for the children. It also gives the children the opportunity to be creative, constructive, and develop fine tuning physical movements.
Playground Area: We encourage physical education because we recognize that the playground area is essential for healthy development, but free spontaneous play is the most beneficial type for children.
Indoor Swimming Pool: The Kindergarten Department is an independent unit with its own indoor heated swimming pool.
7:45 a.m. –morning assembly
8:00 a.m. - students to be in class
1:00 p.m. - bus students’ dismissal ONLY
1: 15 p.m. - parents to pick up students
1:15 p.m.-2:15 afternoon extra-curricular activities
- Our children will have an opportunity for snack two times per day.
- They will have the first break from 9:30- 10.00am and in the afternoon from 12.30am-1.00pm
Children need healthy snacks for energy, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in order to help them grow, learn and be active. Therefore; based on our school policy, we recommend that our students’ lunch boxes should include healthy foods for school snacks.
At Al Ittihad Kindergarten /International Programme, our curriculum includes religion, Arabic, English, math, science, art, reading and more. We encourage learning through phonetic recognition and writing, word building skills, reading simple sentences and early mathematics. This is based on the British Early Years Foundation Stage system and the British National Curriculum, which we have found comparable all over the world and the Arabic is based on the Jordanian Ministry of Education benchmarks for Early Learning.
We deliver the educational skills and knowledge for easy transition to Primary school.
- Getting your child involved in extracurricular activities can teach them time management skills and how to prioritize different commitments. Learning these skills will be useful for the rest of their life and help with managing stress.
- Exploring new interests is important for children to find things they are passionate about. Accomplishments with these hobbies can help build your child’s self-esteem and confidence as well.
- Studies have shown that children involved in extracurricular activities tend to have better academics than children who spend free-time using electronics and avoiding social situations.